Sunday, July 6, 2008

Quick note

I am so behind on blogging. I was going to do a post, but I got caught up in my project to turn my blog from our China trip into a book. I found a great site called Blurb that will "slurp" the content from your blog into their bookmaking software. Once the content is downloaded, however, quite a bit of editing is involved. So, I have been working on that.

Going backwards...
We had a good July 4...and July 5! The weekend here was interrupted by a number of thunderstorms and heavy rains. On July 4, I started the morning by playing in our club's July 4 tennis social. I played pretty well considering how infrequently I've been playing and had a great time. Later that afternoon, we went to the pool for the July 4 party. The boys had a good time on the water slide, but soon after arriving a big storm hit. The tents and food for the party were destroyed and the party was over. Since we were planning to eat dinner at the party, we had nothing planned for dinner at home. So, we went home and made pizza for dinner! Later that evening, Jeff took the boys to see fireworks, but I stayed home while Lily was sleeping and was asleep by 9:30! Because of the weather, I never even got a picture of Lily in her cute red, white, and blue outfit on her very first Independence Day!

On July 5, we ventured to a local fair. On the way there, it started raining, so we ended up driving around for a while to see if it would stop. The rain finally stopped and we went to the very disappointing fair - minimal activities for the kids (or adults) and very hot and humid. We left shortly after arriving, but were blocked from getting back on our way home by the town's parade, which apparently is held on July 5 instead of July 4. This ended up being the highlight of our day. The parade was pretty good with a lot of fire engines, tractors, and four wheelers. The kids were THRILLED by the fact that they threw candy from the parade. I don't ever see our boys move so quickly as when there is candy to be picked up from the ground! Lily enjoyed the parade and was adorable waving her American flag and her hand to everyone that passed by. We were very happy to have been able to see a parade.

Last week, we enjoyed the company of Cynthia, my roommate from college and her two kids. They visited from Tuesday to Thursday and we had an action packed three days. Besides a few trips to the pool, we took the kids on a picnic, to walk around the college campus, and peach picking. They also had a blast playing with Cynthia's kids hermit crabs and making a diving board and cushion pool with the couches in the basement!

This week should be a pretty laid back week. We have no big plans other than going to the pool and getting all the kids' teeth cleaned at the dentist. This includes Lily - even though she's not 3 yet, I want to get her teeth checked because she has a few dark spots on one of her front teeth.

I didn't take many pictures this past week, but will post some of what I have tomorrow (or Tuesday).

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I have been catching up on everythign you all have been up to! I was especially interested in your book of China out of the blog. I have been meaning to do that too but how to find the time plus figure out the how to!?! Thanks for posting where to go!! Your shots look fantastic!!

PS I'm so sad that Kim is shutting down! YOU willh ave to let us all know how she is!!