Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Peach picking

First, I added pictures to my post about the weekend hike here.

Tuesday morning I decided to take Ben, Rebekah, and Lily peach picking (Dylan is at camp in the mornings for the next 2.5 weeks). Although we had already been this summer, the peaches were so much better than the ones at the grocery store that I figured it was worth it to go again. There were a lot more low down fruits that the kids could pick themselves this time and we all enjoyed picking and eating peaches. Here are some pictures.

P7142886

P7142887

P7142889

P7142893

Eating a peach
P7142895

This is yummy!
P7142898

No more pictures, I'm eating!
P7142896

Today we are looking forward to a play date with Maggie and Denise. Maybe Lily will be able to go on a skateboard ride like Maggie did! :) I'm sure she would love it.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Her hair is too cute up in that pony!

Jboo said...

Yum -- those peaches do look good! Peaches aren't ready just yet in my part of the country! What a great outing going peach pickig. Are you making a peach pie?

Janet

Melanie said...

Mmmm... I love peaches, too. That one that Lily has looks so good!

Melanie

3 Peanuts said...

Rachel,

These photos are so beautiful and vibrant!!! It was GREAT seeing you and Lily today. i was very sad to leave. I hope we see y'all again soon.

Kim

Somewhere In The Sun said...

That peach is nearly as big as she is! She sure looks like she's having fun. I love the hair!

~Lynn

Kerry said...

Oh the peaches here in the markets here in the Midwest do not look as lovely as the ones you picked.
Love the pictures of Lily eating her pickings. She is adorable.

Kerry
Mom to Grace and Maddie