Sunday, March 22, 2009

The weekend

Today we enjoyed some of the almost springlike weather we've been having by taking the kids to the park. Ben rode his bike with a new friend, Dylan got a bloody nose playing catch with Jeff with his new baseball mitt, and I played with Lily on the playground and took pictures.

A girl on a mission
DSC_2148

My favorite swing picture I've taken. I took MANY pictures to get this one!
DSC_2157

Having fun bouncing
DSC_2172

Last night Jeff and I went to the surprise 40th birthday party for our friend Trey. Being the person who loves to bake and make desserts, Susan (Trey's wife) asked me to make buckeyes and a Boston cream pie. I was thrilled to do so - to me there is nothing better than making a dessert to bring somewhere else. I had a wonderful helper with both desserts and they both earned rave reviews.

Lily enjoying the rewards of helping make the cake
DSC_2063

The finished product
DSC_2069

Surprise!
DSC_2088

The dessert table. You can see both the buckeyes and the Boston cream pie
DSC_2092

Me with some of my friends
DSC_2096

Jeff and I
DSC_2121

The birthday boy blowing out the candles
DSC_2116

Finally, some pics just for fun. While we were making the peanut butter filling for the buckeyes, Lily was hamming it up for me.

DSC_2027

The Lily smile
DSC_2031

A rare still, pensive moment
DSC_2046

5 comments:

Reena said...

I'm reading this early in the morning and I'd really like to reach in and grab some of the Boston Cream Pie to go with my coffee!!!

YU-UM!

Jboo said...

Great photos! How nice that you have so many friends there! Sweet to see a photo of you and Jeff -- you two are such a cute couple! That food looks so yummy! Have a fun week!

Janet

Shawn said...

Love the photo of Lily bouncing! Also, I had no idea you were such an accomplished baker...that cake looked professional!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I know how hard it is to get that swing picture, it was great btw:).....I have many blurry ones from our last trip to the park!!

Looks like you had a great weekend....what a fun party and a yummy looking cake!! Good to see you in some of the photos....we are always behind the lens:)

Lisa

Eloise said...

Those desserts are to die for! I love both Boston Cream Pie and Buckeyes. Your presentation is quite beautiful too.

Lily could win a prize for child with the best expressions! It is perfect that she has a photographer extraordinaire mother on hand to capture them all!

Enjoy that pretty weather. I think someone swapped out the Dallas and Detroit forecasts. We are having a 30-degree cold snap this weekend. Can I go back to Hawaii?