Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring tease

Last week, we got a glimpse of spring here in the midwest. Thursday and Friday were beautiful, sunny and in the 50's and 60's. It was so nice to be outside without being bundled up. The kids had a blast playing on the playground and getting some fresh air. As expected, though, it was just a tease to make us think spring was around the corner. All weekend, we had miserable, cool, rainy weather. The kind of weather that makes you really not want to leave the house. This week we're back to highs in the 40s, which isn't bad, but it certainly isn't 60!

Last week we had our 12 month post-placement visit with our social worker. Lily turned on the charm for her and tried to impress by covering up body parts with a blanket as she was asked to show where they were. Seriously, though, Lily was a riot and the social worker was very pleased with Lily's adjustment and her development. I'm glad to have that done and know that we are now done with all China requirements.

We had a very mellow weekend around here. With the bad weather, we didn't do much other than hang around the house and go to the gym. In the gym locker room I realized I left my shorts at home, so I couldn't even work out. So, I went to Costco instead. After reading Kim's post last week, I was disappointed to not find any Lily Pulitzer or Lacoste at this Costco.

Now, I am gearing up for a week by myself with the kids. Jeff is currently on his way to Germany. He just can't stay away! While I'm bummed that he's gone until Friday, I can't complain too much as up until now he's only been away two nights since we moved back to Michigan. The thing I'm dreading most, is getting all three kids out of the house by 7:50 every day to bring both boys to their respective schools. I am very lucky that Jeff usually does this, but this week I am even more the chauffeur than usual.

Now for some pictures from the week.

This is what Lily does when I tell her I want to take her picture
Lily's smile

Another glamorous smile
DSC_1796

Enjoying the warm weather. Ben's first time climbing the tree in our back yard
DSC_1814

Ben in the tree
DSC_1813

My son the unibomber, I mean Dylan (he ALWAYS wears his hoods)
DSC_1819

I brought my camera to Chinese class on Friday. While most of our regular class was not there, Lily had a great time learning about bath and bed time words. I'm not sure how much of the Chinese stuck in her head, but Lily was SO into the entire activity.

Watching the baby get a bath
DSC_1823

Lily's turn in the tub
DSC_1829

6 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

So sorry that you did not find any goodies at your local Costco. The Lily is for girls (toddlers) and the Lacoste shorts were for women and men. I have heard that you need to keep looking and maybe we got them earlier here because it is warm (80's)? if you want me to look for something here, let me know. Love the photos of Lily at chinese class:)

Kim

Christy said...

Fun days!! I love the cute faces of Lily!! Mia use to do the exact same thing. Im glad all went well with the social worker and that she thinks Lily is adjusting well. That is really cool- after the 1 year that is it! Good for you guys!!

Anyway, good luck on your week by yourself. I am so sorry you have to do that by yourslef. That is my worst nightmare. Im not a morning person!!

Good luck!!

Christy :)

Reena said...

Too cute! At least Lily sits still long enough so you can take a picture. Her hair is getting so long.

We had the nice Spring weather over the weekend and now we have to gloomy rainy weather. At least it isn't snow!

Good luck with the morning routine-- and we lose an hour too. Ick!

Jboo said...

We had the chilly rainy weather too! Such a bummer after a couple of warm spring days. What fun photos! My girl always does a cheesy smile when I pull out the camera! Have a good week. Good luck with all the driving!

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She is so cute....I love that cheese face and her flower hair clippies:)

Good luck this week.....It is tough when that exta set of hands is missing...especially firt thing in the morning!! Hang in there....Friday will be here before you know it:)

Lisa

Kim said...

Lily certainly is silly but she's still adorable!

Hang in there this week. Hopefully warm weather will be here soon.