Ben started school on Monday and all seems to be going well there. The teacher said he had a great first day and he seemed to be pretty happy when I picked him up today. Dylan visited two different schools yesterday and today and will visit the public school tomorrow. We need to figure out which is the best fit for him, but its so hard after just a one day visit. I would love to send him to the public school, which is a true community school for our 1 mile square town. However, Dylan is fairly advanced academically but somewhat challenged socially and I am concerned about the school's ability to handle this combination. This is especially so given the large class sizes (27 kids in a kindergarten class with 1 teacher). We'll see after tomorrow...
I am amazed at the ease with which Lily has adjusted to the move. She has not been out of sorts at all and hasn't asked to go back to the old house. She has been her normal happy self. She loves her room and is happy to run and show it to anyone who comes to visit. She seems unfazed by all of this and I am in awe of her reaction.
I haven't been taking many pictures b/c my life is so disorganized right now, but I did take a few of Lily as she was enjoying some Oreos the other day. This picture was taken on Saturday around 1 pm - note the uncombed hair and pajamas! Can you say chaos?

One more picture of Lily with Hayden on the day we arrived here. Hayden is so sweet to Lily - he was trying to show her how to use the giant claw here.

Once our house is somewhat in order, I will post some pictures. Until then, wish me luck unpacking!




13 comments:
Yes Lily is adorable. My heart bleeds for your turmoil.
I am impressed with your computer armoire! At least you have one corner of your house that's in order (there may be more, that's just all I could see and it looked very settled!).
So glad to hear the drive went well and that the movers arrived with all of your things, hopefully promptly and intact.
Hooray for sweet Lily and for Ben's school working out well so far.
Keep me posted on Dylan's school. I hope it will be clear to you which one is the right fit for him after you complete your visits.
Thanks for taking time away from unpacking to update your blog. I've been thinking about you and wondering how everything was going!
I too am amazed at Lily and the adjustment...these girls are just amazing though, aren't they?
Glad you are getting settled. Thanks for the update. I will miss our playdates~
Aren't kids so relsiliant??? I am glad you are there...and that Lily is adjusting so well. Best wishes to you as you continue to get settled! It is a hectic time, but take time to enjoy yourself and take a breather from time to time!!
Im so glad you guys are geting settled! That is great Lily is doing so well and that the boys are adjusting to their new setting. As a school psychologist in the public schools, I want to plug their ability to work with kids with social challenges. I think there are a ton of options in public schools as they tend to have the money to put towards these things. Sepcial ed in public school is great and adds a ton of support for kids that need it (special ed is not only for low kids but also for high academic kids that may have social issues). I also think with social issues it may be good for him to be in a setting that he is around kids that he knows and lives around. It will help him with all the social stuff. Plus, right now he is only in Kinder and probably a bit inmature and as he matures over the next few years he is going to want to go to school with kids in his neighborhood. We see a ton of inmature kinder kids and usually by first or second grades they are just fine. We chose to put our boys in public neighborhood school for elementary and next year when Ethan goes to middle school (6th) we will put him in private Christian School. We struggled over where to put the boys in their early years (we both went to private school)but ended up deciding due to social issues to place them in public school-- which is a great school. The boys are now 3rd and 5th grades and have done very well.
Anyway, just wanted to toss my 2 cents in-- good luck with your decision :)
Christy :)
Hey!! You made it! Let me know if you need anything or if you just want to drop Lily off for awhile so you can get some things done. We're around...
So glad to hear from you again! What a hoot those pictures are of Lily. I especially love the puckered lips, squinty eyes and tossled hair. You're a great mom...what kid wouldn't love hanging out in pj's, not having to get their hair combed and eating oreo's?! Have fun!
OMGosh! You have been through so much. I went through all the psots that Iv'e missed and wow! (I love your old closet too!)) haha
I AM PRAYING!! I was just trying to do laundry today and thought it was hard with B. so I can imagine how it must be. You sound so grounded and smart. I am glad you are taking it easy and being patient with the prosees. You know it will all come together in good time. I am also praying for you little precious son. social stuff can be so heart breaking. He is such a cutie pie, the girls at least must notice haha
I can COMPLETELY empathize with the no time to unpack with a 2 year old deal....we have been in our house 6 weeks and it STILL is not completely unpacked and we have not hung art on the walls. It is too hard....
But I must agree with Eloise...your computer area looks like you have been there forever:)
Happy unpacking. Kim
Glad to hear that you are getting settled and Lily and your boys are doing so great! What a huge change for all of you, and you all seem to be handling in such a positive way! Good luck with the unpacking! Take care.
Janet
Hey Rachel,
Is your e-mail still the same? I am thinking about buying the D-300 or the D-700 for Christmas and want to ask you some questions..... E-mail me if oyu can.
Kim
Good luck, you poor thing! I can relate so much...we moved with our first son when he was 6 weeks old, and then we moved again when our oldest had just turned two and our youngest was 4 months old! What a nightmare!!! Your oreo princess is just adorable!
Hi!! I keep popping over to see if youve posted! no pressure though, I know its got to be busy! Christmas and moving!
I'd love to hear about some of your traditions growing up! I have a good friend in Socal who used to invite us over for latkas!!
Post a Comment