Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2 years ago today

Lily was placed in our arms. At that point she was a frightened little girl who cried whenever we put her down and could walk, but barely. She had never heard a word of English and was scared of anything new.

Here is our post from that day.

Now I look at her and am absolutely amazed at what I see - she is a confident, sweet, funny, outgoing little girl who puts a smile on the face of everyone in a room. She is also VERY strong willed and tough - she knows what she wants and can hold her own with her big brothers. She is a total chatterbox and its often hard for her brothers to get a word in.

Lily - we love you so much. We loved you the minute you were placed in our arms and that love has grown exponentially since that time. I can't imagine our family without you. You bring us so much joy. You are everything we hoped you would be and we feel so blessed to have her you our family. I can't believe it was already two years ago, but I also can't believe you've only been with us two years. We look forward to many more years of celebrating this day that you became a part of our family.

In two short years, Lily has grown from this

Gotcha Day

Gotcha Day

Gotcha Day

To this

#62 I love this girl!

#80 Heavy lifting

#56 Purplicious

#74 Stop to smell the flower

What a difference!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the change. She is growing so beautifully! Congrats on this special day.
Mollie

Lynn said...

Precious!


xoxo,
Lynn

Gail said...

What a sweet post Rachel...Happy forever family day!!!! She's a beautiful, confident and happy little girl!

Kim said...

Congratulations!! It is truly amazing the changes they make in such a short time. Lily is just beautiful! Enjoy your special day!

Jboo said...

What a sweet post! She was such a little peanut and has grown so much and even more beautiful now then she was when you met her! Isn't it wonderful how she fits in and completes your sweet familY! Have a great day.

Janet

Debbie and Sam said...

The love of a forever family....

Reena said...

Happy, Happy Day!

It is so amazing how much they grow and change!

Reena

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

It's just amazing how far our little sweet girls come...she is so beautiful!!!! Happy 2 Years!!!!!!!!

3 Peanuts said...

It is amazing isn't it? Lily is so beautiful and she has flourished in your love.

Stacie said...

Happy Forever Family day- I remember this so vividly! I have loved watching Lily blossom and grow through your love! Her happiness shines through! She is beautiful!

Shawn said...

Amazing what a little love and affection can do! XOXO

Michelle R Photography said...

Happy Belated Family Day!! Congratulations on two wonderful years together!! She and Mia sound very much alike. Maybe someday we'll get these two chatter boxes together. :)

Sharon said...

How well i remermber that!! So amazing. Love the purple hands!!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Oh yes, what a difference. Happy Family Day!

Sharon said...

Precious! Missing you Rachel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacie said...

looks like we are in the same place when it comes to blogging. missing you, though! Hopw all is well with you and family!

XOXO,
Stacie

Five in Finland said...

I miss your photos and news about your family. Will you return to blogging?

Tina Michelle said...

aww, so sweet!!

Luciana said...

Hummpf! I just started reading your blog then realized that the most recent post is from 2010. :(
I enjoyed your posts. Hope you come back.

Unknown said...

Happy 2nd year! Time really flies fast so we have to cherish every moment with our kids. Your darling is a sweetie. It's also exciting when we see our wee princess to walk down the aisle in their Flower Girl Dresses. It's another moment to treasure.

Unknown said...

Happy 2nd year! Time really flies fast so we have to cherish every moment with our kids. Your darling is a sweetie. It's also exciting when we see our wee princess to walk down the aisle in their Flower Girl Dresses. It's another moment to treasure.

Chelsea Dozier-Asociación de Desarrollo atreves de la educación said...

Rachel this is Hui Won from college and wow how beautiful is your life. Blessings to your precious family. I was just telling my husband about our dance in high school talent show. My son is going to Duke this year- I see you went there as well. Best, Huey (now Chelsea Dozier)